Want to become part of our diverse team?
Job Description: Field Technician
If you are seeking a fast paced, working environment which encompasses field work, testing on site and reporting, join our team of qualified professionals. Epoch Environmental is recognized as a leader in this industry with over 25 years experience.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collecting information on work environments and conditions using a variety of filed data collection methods (i.e. observation, monitoring or sampling, etc) using approved AHERA, NIOSH (or OSHA) sampling collection methodologies;
- Conducting occupational hygiene assessments and hazardous materials assessments;
Conducting site inspection and air monitoring during hazardous materials remediation projects;
- Analyzing and interpreting collected data, documenting results and providing recommendations;
- Determining exposure concentrations at the site and comparing the results to established government standards, WorkSafe BC regulations and guidelines;
- Collecting and analyzing asbestos air and bulk material samples using NIOSH 782 and/or 7400;
- Preparing daily field and air monitoring reports;
- Participating in a laboratory quality assurance/quality control program;
- Participating in proficiency testing programs by CALA;
- DOP and Fit Testing;
- Providing training to new hired field technicians, including co-op/ summer students;
- Occasional weekend and afterhours work are a requirement of this position, scheduled in rotation with co-workers.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary environmental, engineering or building technologist program;
- Related work experience is helpful but not required as all training will be provided;
- Valid class 5 BC Driver’s License mandatory with good driving record;
- Fluent in the English Language: written and verbal;
- Occasional weekend work and after hours are a requirement of this position and will be compensated accordingly. An on-call rotation schedule with other technicians is produced in advance;
- Ability to tote heavy equipment up to 40 lbs to and from project sites.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge and/or experience in the construction, demolition, renovation, or restoration industries.
- Familiarity with MS Windows environment and its associated applications Word, Excel, Outlook and Access;
- Word processing and/keyboarding skills;
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions, be proactive, troubleshoot and be accountable for one’s actions;
- Maintain a friendly and professional rapport with existing and new clients;
- Ability to work independently and manage time and priorities accordingly.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email and attach a covering letter and resume with Field Technician Position in the subject header to: firstname.lastname@example.org.